The Radio Cardiff Monday Night Sports Show
Award-winning community radio sports coverage.
Monday Night Sports Show - 26/11/2012
December 01, 2012 03:02 AM PST
- And coming up on the show we review the weekend’s football including Cardiff’s return to the top of the Championship, the Premier League results and the managerial merry-go-round which has been in full swing this past week.
- England’s cricketers have achieved an historic victory over India in Mumbai. We discuss Kevin Pietersen and Alastair Cook’s innings, plus the impact of spinner Monty Panesar.
- Wales suffered another defeat on Saturday, this time against the All Blacks, but should Welsh hearts be gladdened by the improved second half display.
- Simon Williams rounds up the week’s sport including Sebastian Vettels 3rd consecutive Formula 1 world title and his regular Cardiff Devils ice hockey update.
- There’s our Fantasy League Top Ten Countdown…
- Plus special studio guest Cara Moseley from Mind in Sport who’s here to discuss sports psychology.Monday Night Sports Show - 29/10/2012
October 30, 2012 08:58 AM PDT
- And coming up on the show we review the weekend’s football including Cardiff’s superb 4-0 demolition of Burnley on Saturday which sees them return to the top of the championship.
- The Premier League rarely fails to disappoint and this weekend’s action saw two sendings off for Chelsea in their 3-2 defeat by Man Utd, a goal-rush at Reading and allegations of racial language against referee Mark Clattenburg.
- Simon Williams rounds up the week’s sport including Sebatian Vettel’s fourth consecutive F1 win, plus his regular ice hockey update.
- Yousef has all the latest from the UFC.
- And of course there’s our Fantasy League Top Ten Countdown!Monday Night Sports Show - 22/10/2012
October 23, 2012 01:46 PM PDT
We’re here on 98.7FM in Cardiff with award-winning sports chat and debate.
- And coming up on the show we review the weekend’s football including Cardiff’s away defeat at Forest, our Premier League round-up and reaction to Rio Ferdinand’s protest and the assault on Chris Kirkland.
- Our studio guests are Dr Carwyn Jones, expert in Sports Ethics from Cardiff Metropolitan University and Mark Leyshon from Alcohol Concern Cymru and they’re here to discuss the relationship between alcohol and sport.
- Details of how to take part in tonight’s discussion coming right up.
- We’ll also discuss the Lance Armstrong doping scandal; Simon brings us his match report from Cardiff Blues, plus his regular ice hockey update.
- And of course there’s our Fantasy League Top Ten Countdown!Monday Night Sports Show - 15/10/2012
October 15, 2012 01:37 PM PDT
- And coming up on the show we review another packed weekend of sport beginning with Gareth Bale’s sensational match-winning performance against Scotland on Friday night.
- Yesterday’s Half Marathon saw 18,000 people running through the streets of Cardiff in aid of various charities; we hear from one competitor.
- Our very own Simon Williams attended the International Tennis Federation Wheelchair Tennis event at Virgin Active yesterday afternoon. We hear from tournament organizer Simon Clarke.
- Sebastien Vettel made it a hat-trick of wins at the Korean GP on Sunday, sending him to the top of the championship table. We have our reaction to that and the news he’ll be driving for Ferrari in 2014.
- We hear from friend of the show Paul Harper on Tranmere’s current run of good form in League 1.
- Yousef has all the latest from UFC.
- And Simon Williams brings us his regular round up of the week’s sport plus news of the Cardiff DevilsPODCAST SPECIAL - Neville Southall Interview
September 10, 2012 01:59 PM PDT
Listen again to our interview with Wales and Everton goalkeeping legend Neville Southall.
The big man talks about his career in club and international football, his views on the current game, his heroes and his current work with disadvantaged children.*** EXCLUSIVE *** Monday Night Sports Show - CRAIG BELLAMY INTERVIEW
July 14, 2012 11:35 AM PDT
Join Francis, Yousef and Simon and special guest Wales and Liverpool striker, CRAIG BELLAMY.
In a revealing and at times emotional interview, Craig Bellamy talks about his charity work in Sierra Leone through the Craig Bellamy Foundation; his international career with Wales; the death of his coach and friend, Gary Speed; and some of the managers he's played under in his long and successful club career.
React to this interview via our Facebook page:Show Racism the Red Card Wales Interview - 15/11/2011
November 15, 2011 02:27 PM PST
- In this special podcast we have special studio guests Sunil Patel and Simon Richards from Show Racism the Red Card Wales and Welsh footballer, Nana Baah, himself a victim of racist abuse.
- With more and more allegations of racism in sport, particularly football, surfacing in the wake of the John Terry incident, we discuss the role charities, campaigners, sportsmen and women and the public can play in eradicating the problem.
- We also hear about peoples’ personal experiences of racism in the sporting environment and about the work of Show Racism the Red Card Wales in schools, local clubs and the community.
- Is the lack of black and Asian managers and coaches indicative of racial problems in football?
- And within Wales and the UK what more needs to be done to eradicate racism once and for all?
This is the Radio Cardiff Sports Show.
I'm Francis Taylor the presenter of the Sports Show on Radio Cardiff. We are a community radio station serving the people of Cardiff. The musical genre of the station is music of black origin. The Sports Show is broadcast every Tuesday evening at 7pm (British time). Our frequency is 98.7FM in the Cardiff area and online to the world at www.radiocardiff.org.uk . We cover all major sports and local teams. Our guests have included Welsh boxer Nathan Cleverley, athlete Jamie Baulch, former Cardiff City captain Darren Purse, round the world cyclist Mark Beaumont and heavyweight boxing legend Joe Frazier! Join us and spread the word.
Francis taylor's Friends
Subscribe to this Podcast